Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Connect and Serve

DJ Tom Pluister at the Perry Hotel in Petoskey
www.petoskeydj.com
To Connect and Serve...

I just completed my 33rd year of Wedding Service a week ago. At the end of each 'season', I try to look back and reflect on our success. It's become apparent to me that we are successful  because we care. 

It's truly a pleasure to serve couples and their families on Wedding Day. I take great pride in my preparation and attention to detail. I take greater pride from knowing at the end of the Celebration that all of my hard work brings such JOY to families.

What my entire family has taken from this season of service is this: That in order to serve properly, we must connect with our 'clients'. This sounds easy, but honestly, many of the couples and families that we meet and serve do not live in Northern Michigan. Music is the universal language and when we talk music, we connect deeply.


www.charlevoixdj.com
Wedding Ceremony at Castle Farms

www.petoskeydj.com
Wedding Ceremony at BayFront Park
The Bride you see walking the aisle in this picture had some very specific music for her Grand March. Timing was extremely important. DJ Sammy K showed up at her rehearsal the day before wedding day and played the song over and over until the Brides maids had the timing right. The song's dramatic nature required volume, big bass and perfect timing. Had we not connected deeply with this Bride and her fiancé, her day may have been disappointing. The party that ensued, by the way, was "off the hook" great!


Rachel and Jeff here had a large wedding party! It took a very long version of Canon in D to walk all of these people from the Trolley to the "Altar". Local guitarist, Pete Kehoe played what we now joke as "Inna Godda D Canon"... I timed it at around 11 minutes!

I hope I've made my point... that we succeed at our work because we CARE deeply about our craft and we connect deeply with the clients we serve through the Joy of Music.

www.northmichigandj.com
www.petoskeydj.com
www.charlevoixdj.com
www.boynedj.com
www.leelanaudj.com
www.bayharbordj.com
DJ Sammy K behind the board for a First Dance
www.bayharbordj.com
www.plu-ent.com
www.leelanaudj.com
First Dance at Willowbrook Mill, Northport

www.petoskeydj.com
DJ Sunshine from Pluister Entertainment

www.boynedj.com
First Dance in the Vienna Room at Boyne Mountain

www.petoskeydj.com
At the Perry Hotel in Petoskey with Pluister Entertainment

www.charlevoixdj.com
A two step stomp at Dunmaglas Barn with Pluister Entertainment


1 comment:

  1. Hi! Thanks for sharing wonderful picture of DJ Services. I like this picture. you can visit here for wonderful information about wedding disc jockey.

    ReplyDelete